Skip to main content

OPEN TO ME - THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE OF THE CHURCH OF NIGERIA (ANGLICAN COMMUNION)

THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE OF THE CHURCH OF NIGERIA (ANGLICAN COMMUNION)


DATE: THURSDAY, 21ST APRIL, 2022 


TOPIC: OPEN TO ME


TEXT: SONGS OF SOLOMON 5: 2-6:3


5:2. I sleep, but my heart is awake; [It is] the voice of my beloved! He knocks, [saying,] "Open for me, my sister, my love, My dove, my perfect one; For my head is covered with dew, My locks with the drops of the night."

3. I have taken off my robe; How can I put it on [again?] I have washed my feet; How can I defile them?

4. My beloved put his hand By the latch [of the door,] And my heart yearned for him.

5.  I arose to open for my beloved, And my hands dripped [with] myrrh, My fingers with liquid myrrh, On the handles of the lock.

6.  I opened for my beloved, But my beloved had turned away [and] was gone. My heart leaped up when he spoke. I sought him, but I could not find him; I called him, but he gave me no answer.

7.  The watchmen who went about the city found me. They struck me, they wounded me; The keepers of the walls Took my veil away from me.

8.  I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, If you find my beloved, That you tell him I [am] lovesick! THE DAUGHTERS OF JERUSALEM

9.  What [is] your beloved More than [another] beloved, O fairest among women? What [is] your beloved More than [another] beloved, That you so charge us? THE SHULAMITE

10.  My beloved [is] white and ruddy, Chief among ten thousand.

11.  His head [is like] the finest gold; His locks [are] wavy, [And] black as a raven.

12.  His eyes [are] like doves By the rivers of waters, Washed with milk, [And] fitly set.

13.  His cheeks [are] like a bed of spices, Banks of scented herbs. His lips [are] lilies, Dripping liquid myrrh.

14.  His hands [are] rods of gold Set with beryl. His body [is] carved ivory Inlaid [with] sapphires.

15.  His legs [are] pillars of marble Set on bases of fine gold. His countenance [is] like Lebanon, Excellent as the cedars.

16.  His mouth [is] most sweet, Yes, he [is] altogether lovely. This [is] my beloved, And this [is] my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem! THE DAUGHTERS OF JERUSALEM


6:1. Where has your beloved gone, O fairest among women? Where has your beloved turned aside, That we may seek him with you? THE SHULAMITE

2. My beloved has gone to his garden, To the beds of spices, To feed [his flock] in the gardens, And to gather lilies.

3. I [am] my beloved's, And my beloved [is] mine. He feeds [his flock] among the lilies. THE BELOVED


MESSAGE: 

In our text today, we see the lover of the woman we have been reading about come calling on her to open for him to come in. However, she was already undressed and could not open for her lover who was drenched in the dew of the night. When she decided to open, her lover is already gone and her search for him is not without untoward experience. This is typical of our relationship with Jesus. He longs to come in to dine and fellowship with us. However, He does not impose Himself on us, rather He stands at the door and knocks: If anyone opens…. However, most times, we do not want Him to come and see our nakedness. 


We would rather continue to ‘cover up’ instead of allowing Him come and see us ‘undressed.’ This is far from what it ought to be; it is when our lives are bare before Him that He can help our weaknesses. There is never a life that opens up to Him that does not receive help. We must be careful so that it should not be said of us that when we finally open to Him, He would have been long gone!


PRAYER: 

Father, help me never again to cover up before Him who has the ability to help my weaknesses, but to always open up to Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHURCH OF NIGERIA ELECTS NEW BISHOPS AND ONE ARCHBISHOP

The Episcopal synod of the church of Nigeria Anglican Communion has elected six new Bishops, and one Archbishop. The election which took place at the Basilica of Grace Apo, Gudu district in the Diocese of Abuja on Thursday October 29, 2009 has the following:- The Rt. Rev. Friday John Imaekhai Bishop, Diocese of Esan, Elected: - Archbishop of Bendel to replace The Primate elect, The Most Rev. Nicholas Okoh The very Rev. Ralph Ebirien of St Stephen’s Cathedral Bonny Elected: - Bishop of Niger Delta Diocese The Venerable Ezekiel Bolarinde Dahunsi of Church of Pentecost FESTAC Lagos Elected: - Bishop Diocese of Ido- Ani The Rev. Canon Justus Emeka Mogekwu of St. Paul’s Kakuri, Kaduna Elected:-Bishop Diocese of Asaba to replace Most Rev. Nicholas Okoh. The Venerable (Prof.) Dapo Folorunso Asaju of the chapel of Light, Lagos (LASU) Elected:-Bishop for Theological Education in the office of the Primate The Venerable James Olaoti Akinola of St. James Iludun Oro, Kwara S

EXCERPTS FROM: 24/7 WARFARE PRAYERS AND SUPERNATURAL BREAKTHROUGH MANUAL

INTRODUCTION Right from childhood, the number “SEVEN” has always been an intrigue, an interesting puzzle, a fascination, and a great phenomenon to me. I was actually born on the seventh day of the month; perhaps this was one of the reasons why something leaps inside of me whenever I see the number. But as I grew up in the Christian faith I began to see a regular reference to it the scriptures. I was kind of saying, whoa! Holy bliss! Seven occurs 257 times, or 7 × 41 Seventh, the fractional part occurs 98 times or 7× 14 Seven –fold occurs 7 times. Seventy occurs 56 times or 7× 8 “Seventy” in combination with other numbers occurs 35 times or 7× 5. God is pleased to stamp the number “Seven” with the seal of perfection and completeness. God never down played the importance of the number, because it was the number of God. It is a carrier of God’s mysteries. It pleased God that, the Seventh man from Adam – Enoch sh

FIVE NEW FULL FLEDGED ANGLICAN DIOCESES

Five new Dioceses have been created in the Church of Nigeria Anglican Communion. The Church's official website - http://www.anglican-nig.org/main.php?k_j=12&d=352&p_t=index.php? posted the information thus: The Standing Committee Meeting of Church of Nigeria Anglican Communion has approved the creation of five new full fledged Dioceses at their meeting at the Cathedral Church of St. Stephen’s Umuahia, Abia State. They are Shendam Diocese carved out of Langtang Diocese, Plateau state, Ido-Ani Diocese from present Owo Diocese, in Ondo state, Igbomina West from Igbomina Diocese,Kwara state, Ilesha North East from Ilesha in Osun state and Ijebu South West from Ijebu Diocese in Ogun state. At the presentation, the head of the Committee responsible for creation of new Dioceses, the most Rev. Joseph Akinfenwa Archbishop Ibadan Province and Bishop of Ibadan who led a team of four assured the house that the stage is set and the New Dioceses have met all the requirements for creation