Skip to main content

… I FOUND HIM…- THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE OF THE CHURCH OF NIGERIA (ANGLICAN COMMUNION)

THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE OF THE CHURCH OF NIGERIA (ANGLICAN COMMUNION)


DATE: WEDNESDAY, 20TH APRIL, 2022


TOPIC: … I FOUND HIM…


TEXT: SONGS OF SOLOMON 3:1-11


1. By night on my bed I sought the one I love; I sought him, but I did not find him.

2. "I will rise now," [I said,] "And go about the city; In the streets and in the squares I will seek the one I love." I sought him, but I did not find him.

3. The watchmen who go about the city found me; [I said,] "Have you seen the one I love?"

4. Scarcely had I passed by them, When I found the one I love. I held him and would not let him go, Until I had brought him to the house of my mother, And into the chamber of her who conceived me.

5.  I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, By the gazelles or by the does of the field, Do not stir up nor awaken love Until it pleases. THE SHULAMITE

6.  Who [is] this coming out of the wilderness Like pillars of smoke, Perfumed with myrrh and frankincense, With all the merchant's fragrant powders?

7.  Behold, it [is] Solomon's couch, [With] sixty valiant men around it, Of the valiant of Israel.

8.  They all hold swords, [Being] expert in war. Every man [has] his sword on his thigh Because of fear in the night.

9.  Of the wood of Lebanon Solomon the King Made himself a palanquin:

10.  He made its pillars [of] silver, Its support [of] gold, Its seat [of] purple, Its interior paved [with] love By the daughters of Jerusalem.

11.  Go forth, O daughters of Zion, And see King Solomon with the crown With which his mother crowned him On the day of his wedding, The day of the gladness of his heart. THE BELOVED


MESSAGE:

The lover in our text is awakened to the reality that the one she loved was no longer with her. One will begin to wonder what led to the disappearance of her lover whom she had shared wonderful affections with. She quickly goes into a frantic search for her lover, daring the odds - she is able to find the one she loved and vows never to let him go again! We understood yesterday that there are little foxes that destroy our relationship with our bridegroom – Jesus Christ. These little foxes can separate us from the love of our soul. 


Having realised this, it therefore lies on us to start early to search for Him in the place of repentance, confession and restitution, if need be. We must also be willing to clasp Him so tight to our bossom, and never to let go again. There is no point continuing on the journey of life if Jesus is missing in our lives; we must, just like Joseph and Mary, go back to ‘Jerusalem’ even if it will take us three days journey, in search of Him (Luke 2:41-46).


PRAYER:

Lord Jesus, I will never let You go, for there is none other that can take Your place in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHURCH OF NIGERIA ELECTS NEW BISHOPS AND ONE ARCHBISHOP

The Episcopal synod of the church of Nigeria Anglican Communion has elected six new Bishops, and one Archbishop. The election which took place at the Basilica of Grace Apo, Gudu district in the Diocese of Abuja on Thursday October 29, 2009 has the following:- The Rt. Rev. Friday John Imaekhai Bishop, Diocese of Esan, Elected: - Archbishop of Bendel to replace The Primate elect, The Most Rev. Nicholas Okoh The very Rev. Ralph Ebirien of St Stephen’s Cathedral Bonny Elected: - Bishop of Niger Delta Diocese The Venerable Ezekiel Bolarinde Dahunsi of Church of Pentecost FESTAC Lagos Elected: - Bishop Diocese of Ido- Ani The Rev. Canon Justus Emeka Mogekwu of St. Paul’s Kakuri, Kaduna Elected:-Bishop Diocese of Asaba to replace Most Rev. Nicholas Okoh. The Venerable (Prof.) Dapo Folorunso Asaju of the chapel of Light, Lagos (LASU) Elected:-Bishop for Theological Education in the office of the Primate The Venerable James Olaoti Akinola of St. James Iludun Oro, Kwara S

EXCERPTS FROM: 24/7 WARFARE PRAYERS AND SUPERNATURAL BREAKTHROUGH MANUAL

INTRODUCTION Right from childhood, the number “SEVEN” has always been an intrigue, an interesting puzzle, a fascination, and a great phenomenon to me. I was actually born on the seventh day of the month; perhaps this was one of the reasons why something leaps inside of me whenever I see the number. But as I grew up in the Christian faith I began to see a regular reference to it the scriptures. I was kind of saying, whoa! Holy bliss! Seven occurs 257 times, or 7 × 41 Seventh, the fractional part occurs 98 times or 7× 14 Seven –fold occurs 7 times. Seventy occurs 56 times or 7× 8 “Seventy” in combination with other numbers occurs 35 times or 7× 5. God is pleased to stamp the number “Seven” with the seal of perfection and completeness. God never down played the importance of the number, because it was the number of God. It is a carrier of God’s mysteries. It pleased God that, the Seventh man from Adam – Enoch sh

FIVE NEW FULL FLEDGED ANGLICAN DIOCESES

Five new Dioceses have been created in the Church of Nigeria Anglican Communion. The Church's official website - http://www.anglican-nig.org/main.php?k_j=12&d=352&p_t=index.php? posted the information thus: The Standing Committee Meeting of Church of Nigeria Anglican Communion has approved the creation of five new full fledged Dioceses at their meeting at the Cathedral Church of St. Stephen’s Umuahia, Abia State. They are Shendam Diocese carved out of Langtang Diocese, Plateau state, Ido-Ani Diocese from present Owo Diocese, in Ondo state, Igbomina West from Igbomina Diocese,Kwara state, Ilesha North East from Ilesha in Osun state and Ijebu South West from Ijebu Diocese in Ogun state. At the presentation, the head of the Committee responsible for creation of new Dioceses, the most Rev. Joseph Akinfenwa Archbishop Ibadan Province and Bishop of Ibadan who led a team of four assured the house that the stage is set and the New Dioceses have met all the requirements for creation